Thursday, December 1, 2011

Digital Poster

Parents and Students,
I just finished making an online poster on a website called "Glogster." This website is the latest thing in the world of technology and I found it to be a very useful tool that I will use and encourage my students to use in my future classes. The great thing about Glogster is that it is free, all you have to do is set up an account and then you can make an unlimited amount of Glogs for any subject. There are sample Glogs on the website and a step by step tutorial that demonstrates how to make a Glog as well. Glogster is not specifically an educational website for students or educators but nevertheless it can be used by everyone and anyone needing to make a fun and interactive online poster/presentation.
Glogster starts you off with a blank slate and many options to add graphics, text, wallpaper, images, video and other visual and audio aides for your Glog. On top of that it also lets you link, upload or grab pictures, videos, and audio clips from the internet to add. Glogster gives hundreds of options that come in various themes so that you can easily look through them and access what will suit your Glog the best. Glogs will be great in the classroom because they are easy to use and create, they are fun to make and offer another way of learning using technology. I think kids will really enjoy using them as a homework assignment or as a presentation in front of the class. Glogs will get students excited about learning and help me engage students in lessons I will teach using Glogs as well. Below is a link to the Glog I created on the digestive system. I also embedded my Glog so you can get a quick glance and have an idea of what Glogs look like. Please look at it and feel free to ask questions or give me some feedback. Sincerely,

Marie Miller

Click here to view it on the Glogster website



No comments:

Post a Comment